Charity runs are an excellent way to raise funds for a worthy cause. If you are uncomfortable asking people for money, here are some ways to approach them.
- Add your own donation first. Then you can ask your people to match it.
- Make it personal. If the cause is a personal one, let people know.
- Send personalized emails. Take the time to write individual emails to people that you know.
- Use your social network. Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn can all be used to drum up money for your cause.
- Host small intimate fundraising gatherings for local friends, co-workers and relatives. It can be a class or club meeting. Ask for a donation up front.
- Throw a fundraising party. Instead of gifts, people can bring a donation for your run.
Upcoming Charity Runs
3rd Annual Cancer Hope Foundation 5K, 10K, and Kids Fun Run
Saturday, January 11, 2014
Kaiser Permanente Rock n Roll Pasadena Half Marathon benefiting CureMito
Sunday, February 16, 2014
PCRF Reaching for the Cure Run
Sunday, March 30, 2014
For more information or help with escrow in the Covina, California area, contact Eastland Escrows.