With summer coming to a close, it is important to make sure you enjoy a few more cookouts with your family. Keep this simple grilled halibut and fresh mango salsa recipe in mind for your next backyard barbecue.
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 ½ cups diced and peeled ripe mango
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 6-ounce halibut fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Make sure your grill is clean, and heat it to medium-high heat.
- Combine tomatoes, mango, onion, cilantro, lime juice, cider vinegar, sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper into a large bowl.
- Place the halibut steaks onto the grill. Cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until the fish flakes easily when it is tested with a fork.
- Serve the halibut with the mango salsa mixture.
If you are looking for a sweet treat to grill this summer after your delicious grilled halibut, cook some grilled peaches. Simply cut peaches in half and remove the pits. Spoon a mixture of 4 ½ tablespoon of light brown sugar, 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper onto the peaches. Allow the peaches to sit for 20 minutes to allow the sugar to dissolve. Place the peaches on the grill, skin side down, or about 3 minutes, or until they develop some char. Then turn the peaches over and grill them for a minute. Enjoy your cayenne grilled peaches with a dollop of whipped cream.
Eastland Escrows would like to remind you to enjoy the warm summer weather before it is gone, and to contact us with all of your real estate needs in the Southern California area.