Most people think that October is just for Halloween. However, October is also the best month to ensure that your finances are in order for the rest of the year! Keep these October financial to-dos in mind to help keep you on track and prepare for the New Year.
- Book your holiday travel plans. Booking your plans early in advance will help you to save money and will cut down on stress during the holiday season. Airline tickets tend to be the cheapest on Tuesdays, so try to schedule your plans on this day.
- File your taxes. If you filed for an extension for your taxes, make sure to get them in by the end of the month. Not filing your taxes can lead to expensive fines and bigger problems in the future.
- Look at your budget. Make sure that your budget is working its best. Regularly looking at your budget can help you stay as financially stable as possible. It will also help to make sure that you enter the New Year with the best budget in mind.
- Look over your estate planning documents. Create a living will that will ensure all of your assets will be taken care of in the unfortunate event of your passing. This is also a good time to look over the beneficiary forms for your retirement accounts.
- Go over your retirement plan. Look over your plan to be certain that you are best prepared for later in life. Make any changes that need to be made by the end of the month, to go into the New Year confident.
Contact Eastland Escrow for all of your Southern California escrow needs to ensure that you are ready for the New Year.