Technology is advancing every day. From smartphones that can do everything from making a phone call to searching the web, we have made huge leaps when it comes to technology. In order to keep up with the tech world, many home design companies are also offering new products that can make your home a little smarter. Consider adding these products into your home to welcome in 2015.
- Automated light switches – for around $50, you can put your lights on a schedule to ensure that you never have to walk into a dark house. As an added bonus, scheduling your lights will also help to deter break-ins since it will always look like someone is home.
- Smart garage doors – more than 70 percent of homeowners use their garage doors as the main entrance point into their home, which can lead to accidently leaving your garage door open while you are gone. New controls will alert you if you left the garage door open, as well as allow you to remotely open the door for visitors or deliveries.
- Smart locks – just like you can unlock your smartphone with the touch of your finger, you can now unlock your house as well. Smart locks will also connect to your phone, allowing you to grant access to a friend or family member, even if you are not home.
- Temperature control – while programmable thermostats are not brand new technology, they have made improvements. Smart thermostats allow you to adjust the temperature of your home before you get there so that you do not have to walk into a cold or hot house.
- Video – a home video camera can stream live video to your smartphone to ensure that your home is safe while you are away.
When buying, selling of refinancing please ask for Eastland Escrows to be your escrow agent.