Summer Recipes You Are Sure To Love!
Now that summer has officially started, it is the perfect time to have a backyard BBQ with all of your friends and family. Keep this smoked ginger chicken with cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon in mind that is sure to impress all of your friends.
- 10 cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 inch piece of fresh, coarsely chopped ginger
- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and pepper
- One 3-pound chicken, butterflied, keel bone removed
- Combine the cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon sticks in a bowl. Cover with cold water and let soak for 1 to 4 hours.
- Heat the oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until soft, or about 2 minutes. Add the mustard seeds and cook for 30 seconds. Add ½ cup water, lime juice and zest and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a blender and blend until a smooth paste, adding more water if needed.
- After cooled, rub the paste over the chicken, including under the skin. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 1 – 4 hours. Remove the chicken 30 minutes before grilling.
- Light a chimney starter filled with hardwood charcoal and allow to burn until the charcoal is covered with fine gray ash. Build a single level fire and add the soaked spices evenly over the hot charcoal. Put the lid on the grill and allow the grates to heat up, at least 5 minutes.
- Put the chicken, skin side down, over the coals and cook until the skin is nicely charred. Flip over, move over indirect heat, cover the grill, and cook for another 40 to 50 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
The best way to end your backyard cookout is with this delicious and easy recipe for no bake key lime pie!
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 oz. Florida Key West lime juice
- 9” graham cracker crust
- Combine the eggs and milk. Slowly add the juice, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour into 9” graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate overnight, then top with meringue or whip cream.
Eastland Escrows in Covina, California would like to encourage you to try these delicious recipes!