Labor Day is just around the corner, which means it is time to solidify your plans for your backyard get together. While most people focus on what they will be grilling for the Labor Day weekend, having a delicious dessert is the perfect way to end your party. Keep this double corn-blueberry cobbler recipe in mind that everyone is sure to love.
You will need:
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cups cornmeal, medium or coarse ground
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup corn kernels, fresh or canned
Then you will need to:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare the filling by combining the berries, ¼ cup sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a large bowl. If you are using frozen fruit, make sure that it is thawed before mixing. Transfer the mixture to a ceramic baking dish.
- Prepare the topping by whisking 1 cup flour, baking powder, cornmeal, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl until well blended. Whisk the egg yolk, oil, buttermilk, and 3 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to blend. Fold in the corn.
- Evenly spoon the batter on the top of the berry mixture until the fruit is almost completely covered by the batter. Place the baking dish on a baking sheet to catch any drips. Bake until the berries are bubbly and the topping is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 50 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes and enjoy!
All of us at Eastland Escrows in Covina, California would like to wish you a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!