Enjoy the holidays with this delectable drink: Rich & Homemade Eggnog!
The weather is starting to cool off in Covina, California and many are turning to our winter favorite drinks to get cozy. Nothing warms our hearts (and bellies) quite like a nice mug of delicious eggnog! While you may think that eggnog is easily bought from a carton, trust us when we say that you can’t beat this homemade recipe.
This year, make a rich, homemade eggnog to enjoy the season!
- 8 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ cup bourbon
- Additional freshly grated nutmeg
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar with wire whisk until thick and lemon colored. In 2-quart saucepan, stir milk and 1 cup of the whipping cream. Add yolk mixture, stirring with a whisk. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture just coats a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. Place saucepan in cold water until custard is cool, stirring occasionally. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Just before serving, stir bourbon into chilled custard. In chilled small bowl, beat remaining 1 cup whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently stir whipped cream into custard. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg. Serve, or refrigerate until serving time. Eggnog can be stored covered in refrigerator up to 2 days.
From Eastland Escrow, we hope that you enjoy making (and sipping on) this delicious winter favorite! If you made this recipe, let us know how you liked it in the comments below! Otherwise, be sure to contact us in Covina, California for all of your escrow needs!