When settling into your new house, make sure you handle these post-purchase musts!
Congratulations, you’ve just moved into your new house! During the midst of cardboard boxes, bubble wrap, and post-payment paper documents, you may breathe a sigh of relief that you’re finally in your home. However, your task of To-Do’s isn’t over yet.
Here are some tips for settling into your new home and ensuring the smooth transition continues!
- Fill out a change of address form – Visit your local post office to ensure that all of your mail reaches you after you’ve moved.
- Transfer your utilities and services – Change electricity, gas, water, cable, phone, and internet to your new address.
- Get to know your home – Find the home’s main circuit breaker and make sure it’s clearly labeled so you know which breaker turns off which area.
- Check safety features – Make sure the home’s smoke and carbon monoxide detectors have batteries, check the expiration dates on fire extinguishers and make sure all safety devices are in working order.
- Start fresh – Before unpacking and picking out new décor, give the house a thorough clean! This enables your home to start fresh with you as it’s inhabitants!
- Make it your own – Create a vision for how you’d like to turn your new house into your home! You can start by making simple repairs, painting, and adding decorative accessories.
- Relax – You’ve survived the home-buying process, so the hardest part is over. Store your closing documents in a safe place. Enjoy the feeling of being a new homeowner!
As you decide on your ideal home, contact Eastland Escrows for a streamlined escrow process! Our trusted professionals service Covina and the surrounding areas in California with quality escrow services.