Whether you’re sprucing up your home to get ready to sell or making your new purchase feel like home, use these cash-saving tips!
It’s crucial for all homeowners to learn about proper home maintenance. Not only can regular upkeep help you to avoid paying for major repairs out of your own pocket, but it helps to keep your home sparkling all year long!
To keep your home in tip-top shape without busting your budget, put these 5 tips into practice:
- Clean vents and filters: Check that the vents for your dryer, air conditioner, heater, and septic tank are clear and clean! Letting lint and waste build up can cause early breakdowns, fires, and further damage!
- Inspect gutters and downspouts: Clogged gutters and downspouts can lead to leaking basements, cracked foundations, wood rot, and pest infestations that can cost $500 to $5,000 or more. Clear the gutters of debris and that your downspouts are positioned to direct water away from your foundation.
- Assess your attic insulation: Attic insulation controls moisture, retains heat, and ensures proper ventilation. Inspect your attic to make sure that there is insulation covering the entire space. If existing insulation appears to be damaged or depleted, consider adding more insulation to replacing it altogether.
- Find and seal air leaks: Stop energy-wasting, money-draining air leaks by caulking, sealing, and weatherstripping all of the seams, cracks, and openings in your home. Not only do you get a jumpstart on potential leaks but you’ll save money on your heating and air conditioning bill!
- Make sure alarms are working: Make sure your smoke alarms and security systems have batteries and are in good, working condition. By doing so, you might avoid a fire or burglar!
Take pride in your home and save money! Homeownership is challenging but also very rewarding!
As you decide on your ideal home to purchase, contact Eastland Escrows for a streamlined escrow process! Our trusted professionals service Covina and the surrounding areas in California with quality escrow services.