As the weather heats up, so does the real estate market.
As the real estate market moves into the hottest season, home buyers are enjoying the wealth of home inventory that springs up during the warmer months. With that said, spring and summer are often seen as the best markets for the real estate industry, with more sales in these two seasons than in any other.
Of course, with the good comes the bad, and buying a home in summer is not faultless. Before you sign on the dotted line, check out these advantages and disadvantages of buying and moving into a new home during summer.
- Properties look their best – With lush grass and blooming flowers, most properties look stunning in the summer sunshine.
- Kids are out of school – Buying and moving homes while you aren’t juggling their school is much easier during the summer holidays.
- Mortgage rates are low – They are predicted to increase throughout the rest of the year, so many homeowners are jumping on the opportunity to secure a lower rate!
- Competition is high – Prices and competition are high in the summertime. You won’t have the same length of time to think about an offer or purchase as you would have during the fall or winter. If you see a property that you love, be quick to act!
- Moving may cost more – Moving companies often charge the highest rates during the summer months as this is the most popular time to move. That is, if you can find a moving company that is available at all!
- Professionals are busy – If you’re looking for the best realtor, broker, and inspector, you’re going to be up against everyone else also looking for the best.
Skip the search of finding a quality escrow service for you this summer season! Contact Eastland Escrows for your ideal service. Our trusted escrow professionals serve Covina and the surrounding areas in California – throughout the summer and beyond!