The summer is upon us and backyard parties are in full throttle!
What compliments any backyard summer party? It’s not the corny jokes or light beer, it’s the food! While everyone is waiting for the grill to cook the potatoes and meat, many small snacks and appetizers are passed around or laid out on a table.
These snacks can be the highlight of any pre-party! What are these bites without vegetables slices and chips to dip into sauces? To get you started on preparing your snacks, here are the top two favorite sauces – sweet and sour, and chili Thai!
Sweet and Sour:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, rice vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the cornstarch slurry and cook until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons hot chili pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Pour water and vinegar into a saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in sugar, ginger, garlic, chili pepper, and ketchup; simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in cornstarch. Remove saucepan from stove to cool. Then transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until needed.
From the escrow experts at Eastland Escrows, we hope that you and your guests enjoyed these dipping sauces! Be sure to visit us for all of your escrow needs within the Covina, California area!