Warm up this festive season with some chai-spiced banana bread.
During this week of festivities, choose to warm up and indulge in some healthy dessert. Forget the sugar-laced cookies or the brandy-infused pudding – this Chai-spiced banana bread hits the spot perfectly. The natural sweetness of the banana satisfies any after-dinner treat craving, and the Chai is a spice that adds festivity to this recipe!
For your week of madness and festivities, whip up this simple recipe:
- 3 very ripe bananas (the blacker, the better!)
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp clove
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of flax seeds soaked in water for one hour
- 3/4 oats processed into a course flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp coconut oil to oil cake tin
- 1 extra banana, sliced lengthways, to push into batter in the tin
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (350˚F).
- Process oats into a coarse flour using your food processor.
- Peel bananas and mash in a large bowl (leave one for topping).
- Add tahini, almond milk, flax seeds, salt, spices and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
- Add oat and buckwheat flour and mix well.
- Mix in coconut and chopped pecans.
- Oil the cake tin and spoon batter inside.
- Slice the remaining banana in half lengthways.
- Smooth the top of the batter and then press each half of the banana into the mixture.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes until golden on top and a wooden skewer comes out clean.
From the professionals at Eastland Escrows, we hope that you and your family have a wonderful and safe holiday! If you’re managing escrow throughout the holidays, let us be of service. Contact us today to get started on your escrow process in Covina and nearby cities in California.