At a time when big businesses and warehouses have practically taken over the entire country, the city of Covina, California remains a bedroom community with lots of industry for residents and visitors, alike. Eastland Escrows was founded in 1973 and is located in the heart of downtown Covina. Covina is located in the beautiful Southern California city of Covina, which is nestled near the San Gabriel Mountains.
Part of LA County, the city is situated 22 miles east of downtown Los Angeles, which makes it the perfect location for Hollywood scouts, who have selected the city for several projects, including feature-length motion pictures, commercials, and reality television shows. The city is home to nearly 50,000 people, and boasts a sunny climate, breathtaking mountain views, quaint specialty shops, major retail outlets, award-winning restaurants, and a bustling downtown.
Brief History of the City of Covina:
- Founded in 1882 and incorporated in 1901, the city was named by a young engineer, who coined the term by combining the words cove and vine.
- Present day Covina was originally within the homelands of the indigenous Tongva people.
- Eventually, orange and grapefruit groves blanketed the city, securing its place in history as a major citrus producer. In fact, by 1909, the city was the third largest orange producer in the world.
- Eventually, orange groves were largely replaced by single and multi-family homes.
- In 1920, Large Signs spelling “COVINA” were erected with lights suspended at the corners of Citrus and Badillo and Citrus and San Bernardino Road.
- In 1921, the May Day celebration themed “The Spirit of Summer” was sponsored by the Covina Chamber of Commerce and American Legion. Included in the festivities was a floral parade in the morning, followed by Maypole dances.
- The city’s slogan, “One mile square and all there,” was chosen from 364 entries. The winner took home a grand prize of $20.
- In 1933 and 1936, the Covina Chamber sponsored entries in the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena and won trophies for exhibits at the Los Angeles County Fair.
- Toward the end of the “40’s,” the chamber produced brochures and hired a hostess to welcome new residents to the city. By 1948, 7,000 telephones had been installed in the area because business was booming.
About Business in Covina Today
Eastland Escrows is part of a robust business community, which sells everything from antiques and collectibles to clothing and apparel, hobbies and entertainment, food and beverages and sports and recreation. Nestled in a three-block radius along Citrus Ave. from Badillo St. to San Bernardino St, Covina boasts a remarkable variety of unique shops, professional businesses, restaurants, and entertainment venues.
About Eastland Escrows in Covina, California
Eastland Escrows , Inc. is an independent escrow company based in Covina, CA serving all of Southern California since 1973. With over a 100 years of combined experience , we pride ourselves in working like a dog on behalf of all our clients!
Our services include:
SALES & REFINANCE FOR:
- Residential and Commercial Sales and Refinance
- Mobile Homes
- FSBO (For Sale By Owner)
- Short Sales
- 1031 Exchanges
- Reverse Mortgages
- Joint Control/Holding
- Vacant Land Sales
- Business Sales/Bulk Sales including Liquor License Transfer
- In-house and Mobile Notary services available