Summer is the perfect time to have family and friends over and enjoy a delicious meal. While there are plenty of grilling recipes, it is important to make sure you provide a well-balanced meal, including delicious side dishes. Keep this curried slaw recipe in mind as a quick addition to your next get together.
To make the curry vinaigrette:
- Combine 2 tablespoons Indian curry paste, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¾ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper into a medium bowl and whisk until all the salt is dissolved, which will take about 30 seconds.
- Then gradually whisk in ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil until it is fully emulsified. The vinaigrette will keep for up to three days, covered and refrigerated.
To make the curried slaw:
- Toss together 4 cups of thinly sliced green cabbage, 1 grated and peeled carrot, and 1 red Fresno or jalapeno chili that is seeded and thinly sliced.
- Stir the vinaigrette to make sure it is fully emulsified, and toss it with the slaw so that it is lightly coated. Keep in mind that you may not have to use all of the vinaigrette.
- Place the slaw in a large serving bowl and garnish with ¼ cup of fresh cilantro leaves and 2 thinly sliced green onions.
Eastland would like to wish you and your family a fun and safe summer while you enjoy all the fresh and delicious food the season has to offer. We would also like to remind you to contact us for all of your real estate needs in Southern California. We can help guide buyers through the process and help ensure that you are able to move into the home of your dreams.